The Certified Children, Youth, and Family Social Worker (C-CYFSW)
Reaching for Wholeness
WHO SEEKS THIS CREDENTIAL?
The Certified Children, Youth and Family Social Workers provide services to, or on behalf of, individuals who are under 18, and to the members of their households. They utilize their generalist social work education and experience to work in the areas of direct practice; advocacy; policy; program development; program evaluation; research; supervision; education and administration in an effort to improve the social and psychological functioning of children, youth and families in a variety of settings.
WHAT DOES THIS CREDENTIAL REPRESENT?
In 2000, NASW developed specialty practice credentials, including the Certified Children, Youth, and Family Social Worker (C-CYFSW) credential for BSW level practitioners, in response to the expressed needs of its members and to support Association members in the competitive workplace. The credential was established to enhance professional and public recognition; increase visibility as a specialized, professional social worker; and declare association with a select group of specialized, professional social workers who have attained national distinction for their work with children, youth, and families.
WHAT ARE THE BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
- A baccalaureate degree in social work from an accredited university.
- Twenty (20) contact hours of post-degree continuing professional education on bio-psycho-social issues, interventions, or the dynamics of working with children youth and families.
- Documentation of at least one (1) year and 1,500 hours of paid, supervised, post-BSW children, youth, and family social work experience.
- Current state BSW-level license or an ASWB BSW-level exam passing score.
- Adherence to the NASW Code of Ethics and the NASW Standards for Continuing Professional Education.
Are you qualified to apply?
Please read and review the complete criteria in the application.
Please contact the Credentialing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.