The Lifetime Achievement Award
Each year, the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) selects a social worker for this national award to celebrate a lifetime of achievement. In honoring the Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, NASW recognizes the best social work values and accomplishments demonstrated in the social worker’s lifetime career.
The award recipient must:
- Demonstrate repeated outstanding achievements, as well as
- Recognition beyond the social work profession
- Contributions of lasting impact
- Outstanding creativity
- Meet all criteria for Social Worker of the Year
- Be an NASW member in good standing
Chapters and individuals may nominate a social worker by submitting the following. Click here to submit a nomination.
- Completed official nomination form
- A summary of demonstrated contributions that describes
- What was outstanding about the nominee’s action(s)
- Risks the nominee took to achieve results
- What the nominee accomplished
- Who the beneficiaries were
- What long-term effect was achieved
- Curriculum vita
- Three (3) endorsements
To ensure the nominee’s eligibility, please adhere to the nomination guidelines. Use clear, concise, descriptive examples of activities and accomplishments. The National Awards Committee selects and makes recommendations to the National Board of Directors, which approves the award recipient.