A COMMON INTEREST. A NATIONAL ASSOCIATIONASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
NASW Welcomes Associate Members
Member Services: 800.742.4089
Receive 12 months of NASW national and chapter membership for just $225/year
Who are Associate Members?
If you have a professional interest in social work but do not hold a social work degree from a schoolÂ accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, you may join as an Associate. Our Associates include
- Administrators and supervisors
- Case managers
- Community health workers
- Counselors (e.g., guidance, marriage, substance abuse)
- Professionals in public and private agencies, nursing homes, and rehabilitation facilities
Why Do Associates Join NASW?
Our Associates have a professional or personal interest in the social work profession and the clients we serve. Associates join to enhance their understanding of client issues and treatment strategies or to work more effectively on the interdisciplinary team, for example. Others join because they have social workers on staff or educate social work students.
And Associates enjoy all the benefits of membership,* including
- Free chapter membership
- Access to free and discounted webinars and courses
- Savings on books, journals, and directories
- Access to affordable life, disability, renters, home, and auto insurance policies**
Become an Associate member online today or call 800.742.4089 Monday-Friday, 9am-9pm ET.
Tips for Using Our Online Join Tool
- Be sure to select “New Registration” once you access the online join tool. Select “Continue Registration” if you already started your registration earlier and are now resuming it.
- When asked if you are enrolled in a social work degree program, select “No.” However, if you are enrolled in a social work degree program, select “Yes”â€”you may be eligible for our student member rate.
- When asked if you hold a social work degree, select “No.” However, if you do hold a social work degree, select “Yes”â€”you may be eligible for our regular NASW membership category.
- All NASW members, including Associates, must agree to abide by the NASW Code of Ethics and NASW Procedures for Professional Review.
MEMBERSHIP HELP LINE: Call 800.742.4089, Monday-Friday, 9am-9pm ET, for help with your membership questions.
*Associate members may not hold national or chapter elective office. After five years of continuous membership, Associate members may vote in NASW national and chapter elections.
**Associate members may not be eligible for NASW Professional Liability Insurance.