PACE: Building Political Power for Social Workers
Political Action for Candidate Election (PACE) is the political action arm of the National Association of Social Workers. As a political action committee, PACE endorses and financially contributes to candidates from any party who support NASW's policy agenda. The national PACE Board of Trustees * endorses (endorsement process and criteria)* and contributes to federal candidates running for U.S. House and Senate seats; state chapter PACE units decide on local and state races.
- Mobilizes thousands of social workers to vote by informing NASW members of which candidates NASW-PACE endorsed in 2008, 2010, 2012 and which candidates NASW-PACE has endorsed for 2014
- Compiles valuable facts such as voting records of U.S. Senators and Representatives and information on more than 150 social workers elected to federal, state, and local office.
Contribute to PACE
PACE contributions are used to support federal candidates who support NASW's policy agenda through fundraisers and campaign contributions
- Contribute to Political Action for Candidate Election (NASW members only)
NASW-PACE has made an endorsement in the presidential race. Click here to view the announcement.
Click here to find out how you can get involved in campaigns.
Get Involved in the 2014 Election
- Volunteer for your Chapter's Get Out the Vote Activities
- Get a Job on a Campaign
- Why Social Workers Should Get Involved in Politics
- Why Social Workers Should Run for Office