Resources for Social Work Candidates
State political parties regularly offer education and training for candidates and those interested in working on campaigns. Ask your political party headquarters for your state party contact information.
- Democratic National Committee
- Republican National Committee
If you are a woman who is pro-choice, there are several groups that conduct candidate training. Ask if they have any local contacts for you.
- National Womenâ€™s Political Caucus (bipartisan)
- Womenâ€™s Campaign Fund (bipartisan)
- WISH List (Republican)
- EMILYâ€™s List (Democratic)
Other organizations willing to help candidates include:
- Institute for the Advancement of Political Social Work Practice (offers training for social work candidates)
- 21st Century Democrats (for progressive candidates)
Contact NASW at 800/638-8799, ext. 418, or PACE@naswdc.org, for the contact information of other social workers who have run for office.