NASW Helps Joint Commission Develop New Consumer Brochure on Palliative Care
Post Date: Oct. 31, 2012
The Joint Commission recently published a consumer education brochure on palliative care. The brochure, developed in collaboration with NASW, is part of the Joint Commission’s Speak Upâ„¢ initiative, which encourages consumers to play an active role in their health care. Visit www.jointcommission.org/speak_up_palliative to download or print the brochure in both English and Spanish, free of charge.
- The Joint Commission’s press release regarding the palliative care brochure
- Help Starts Here, NASW’s consumer Web site: includes information about living with illness, pain management, advance care planning, grief and loss, family caregiving, and death and dying
- NASW Standards for Social Work Practice in Palliative & End of Life Care
- NASW Advanced Practice Specialty Credentials in Hospice and Palliative Care
- NASW-approved continuing education in palliative care and hospice