The award recipient must:
Make a significant contribution to an area or population of concern to the social work profession such as at-risk or vulnerable populations; quality of life in communities; social issues.
Act with courage
Demonstrate outstanding leadership
Exemplify social work values and ethics
Chapters may nominate an NASW member by submitting the following:
- Completed official awards nomination form
- A summary that describes:
- What the nominee has accomplished
- What risks the nominee took to achieve results
- Who the beneficiaries were
- Curriculum vita
- Three (3) endorsements
To ensure the nominee’s eligibility, please adhere to the nomination guidelines. Use clear, concise, descriptive examples of activities and accomplishments.The National Awards Committee selects and makes recommendations to the NASW Board of Directors, which approves the award recipient.