Authorization and Accountability
The International Rhoda G. Sarnat Award panel was established by the NASW Board of Directors in 1993. The fund is administered by the NASW Foundation. The panel works with NASW Foundation staff members on matters of policy and program.
The International Rhoda G. Sarnat Award is made possible by an endowment established by Rhoda G. Sarnat, LCSW, and her husband, Dr. Bernard Sarnat. The panel awards the monetary prize annually to an individual, group or organization that has made significant contributions to the public image of professional social work (national or international in scope). The panel also assists with fundraising to ensure the long-term solvency of the fund.
The International Rhoda G. Sarnat Award panel shall be on going.
Members, Terms and Criteria
The President of the NASW Foundation shall appoint the panel members annually. The panel is comprised of four members. The terms are staggered with a maximum duration of two years.
Work with NASW Foundation staff to:
- Review award applications and select award recipients annually.
- Examine eligibility, consideration, and selection process and make recommendations.
- Identify and assist with fundraising opportunities as appropriate.
- Establish a timetable for announcing awards annually.
- Identify outreach opportunities.