Certified Advanced Children, Youth & Family Social Worker (C-ACYFSW)
Who seeks this credential?
Children, Youth and Family Social Workers provide services to, or on behalf of, individuals who are under 18, and to the members of their households. They utilize their generalist social work education and experience to work in the areas of direct practice; advocacy; policy; program development; program evaluation; research; supervision; education and administration in an effort to improve the social and psychological functioning of children, youth and families in a variety of settings. C-ACYFSW holders are those social workers who have a strong sense of professional identity and commitment to strengthening families.
What does this credential represent?
In 2000, NASW developed specialty practice credentials, including the Certified Advanced Children, Youth, and Family Social Worker (C-ACYFSW) credential, for MSW level practitioners, in response to the expressed needs of its members and to support Association members in the competitive workplace. Specialty practice certifications were established to enhance professional and public recognition; increase visibility as a specialized, professional social worker; and declare association with a select group of specialized, professional social workers who have attained national distinction. The C-ACYFSW credential certifies that the holder agreed to abide by the
NASW Code of Ethics, and the NASW Standards for Continuing Education.
What are the basic eligibility requirements?
- A Master’s degree in social work from a graduate program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Twenty (20) contact hours of population-specific continuing professional education.
- Documentation of at least two (2) years and 3,000 hours of paid, supervised, post-MSW children, youth, and family social work experience
- Current state MSW-level license or an ASWB MSW-level exam passing score.
- Adherence to the NASW Code of Ethics and the NASW Standards for Continuing Professional Education.
Please read and review the complete criteria
in the application.