What better way to honor social workers and the hard work they do than by hosting a Pop-Up Party?
According to the National Institutes of Health, just 6.6 percent of Americans 25 and older engage in daily self-care. That’s a shame, since social workers are often on the front lines when it comes to helping others. But who helps them?
Pop-Up Party at NASW National Headquarters
In honor of Social Work Month, NASW is hosting our first Pop-Up Party on March 19, 2020, from 4 to 7 pm!
If you’re in the DC metro area, please join us at NASW National Headquarters at 750 First Street, NE, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20002. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the flyer for NASW National's pop-up party
Can’t make it to DC? Plan and host your own party!
Here’s a checklist:
- Invite key stakeholders, partners, influencers, legislators, and social workers from your city and chapter. Make sure you get RSVPs, so you can plan accordingly.
- Select a venue and review your guest list to make sure you’ve got enough space.
- Figure out what refreshments you’re going to serve or, if it’s a potluck, ask attendees to sign up to bring a dish to share.
- Line up entertainment. We’re having a DJ and a social worker who is a spoken word artist. Our CEO is also speaking. Can’t afford a DJ? Use Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music or Alexa to choose some party tunes for you.
- Plan games, door prizes or a free raffle. You can find gift ideas for social workers at our partner Jim Coleman Ltd. You could also raffle a social work book from NASW Press; you could raffle off a free registration to your local NASW chapter conference.
- Promote your event across social work channels as an evening filled with food, fun, games, prizes, dancing and networking.
- Our Social Work Month Theme for 2020 is Social Workers Generations Strong. Invite social workers from varying generations to offer advice to their younger selves or ask them to share what they hope to bring to the field as new social workers or why they decided to become social workers.
- Set up a selfie photo booth.
- Ask attendees to share their photos on social media! Don’t forget to add the hashtag #SWMonthPopUp and #NASW #NASWGenerationsStrong
Lastly, have fun!