Home | Conference Overview |Schedule | Registration | Hotel & Travel | A Night at the Awards | Exhibit & Sponsor | FAQ
2020 NASW National Conference
Where and when will the 2020 NASW National Conference take place?
The 2020 NASW National Conference, “Social Workers Make a Difference” will be held in Washington, DC at the Washington Hilton Hotel from June 14 to June 17, 2020.
When can I register for the 2020 NASW National Conference?
Registration will open in January 2020.
Do I have to be a social worker to attend the 2020 NASW National Conference?
No, in addition to social workers, we encourage other health and human services professionals to attend the conference.
What is included in the registration cost?
Registration for the conference includes all keynote presentations, breakout sessions, plenary programs, materials, refreshment breaks, and admission to the Social Work Film Festival.
What is the deadline for registration?
Register for the 2020 NASW National Conference online through Friday, June 5. Following June 5, registration will be available onsite at the conference. The deadline for the Early-Bird Registration rate is March 31, 2020. Register early as space is limited!
Will I receive written confirmation of my registration?
Yes. Online registrants will receive an email confirmation shortly after submission.
Are there any discounted rates for registration?
There is a special Early Bird registration rate of $415 (members) and $640 (non-members) available through March 31, 2020. Regular registration fees are $475 (members) and $799 (non-members).
Is there a Student registration rate?
Yes, a student registration rate is available for student members of NASW. Early bird rate (through March 31) for NASW student members is $175. Regular student rate is $225.
What is the conference cancellation policy?
Written requests for refunds must be sent to NASW by email to email@example.com.
Refunds will be issued no later than 45 days following receipt of the request and will follow the schedule below:
- For cancellation requests received before March 31, 2020: You will receive a 75 percent refund of your registration fee.
- For cancellation requests received April 1 - May 14, 2020: You will receive a 50 percent refund of your conference registration fee.
- After May 8, 2020: No refunds will be issued for any reason.
- Payments for pre-conference workshops and continuing education credits are non-refundable.
- NASW regrets that refunds will not be given for no-shows.
What are pre-conference Workshops?
Pre-conference workshops are 3-hour intensive sessions held on Sunday, June 14, 2020. There is a separate registration fee for the pre-conference workshop: $110 (NASW members & student members) or $135 (non-members). You must register for the full conference in order to be able to register for a pre-conference workshop.
How many continuing education contact hours are available at the conference?
The conference includes more than 20 CEs (there is a one-time $35 fee for CEs). Attendees will need to scan their badge in and out of each session in order to obtain CEs. There are 3 CEs for the pre-conference workshops and are included in the price of the workshop.
Are there special events associated with the conference?
- NASW Advocacy Program
- NASW Career Development Forum
- Social Work Film Festival - Monday, June 15, 2020 at 7:00 pm. Three films featuring critical social work issues will be screened. Attendees may select one of the three films to view. There is no additional registration fee for the film festival.
- NASW & NASW Foundation Awards Program
- Social Work Practice Meet-Ups
- Club NASW – featuring a DJ, photobooth, bar, and more.
Are there volunteer opportunities at the conference?
Volunteer opportunities are available to NASW student members only. The deadline to sign-up to become a volunteer is March 31, 2020. If you are interested in volunteering for the conference, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers are responsible for their own lodging and travel costs.
Is there a discounted hotel rate for conference attendees?
Conference attendees can book their hotel stay at the conference hotel, the Washington Hilton located at 1919 Connecticut Ave., NW Washington, DC 20009. A single/double room can be booked for $249(+tax) per night. Book your hotel room here.