Host an Event
Social Work Month 2018
Do you want to host a Social Work Month event at your place of business, school or in your community? Here are some tips:
- NASW’s official Social Work Month merchandise vendor Jim Coleman Ltd. offers gear that can be used to decorate Social Work Month events, including balloons, posters and gifts that you can present to social workers and guests.
- Use the Social Work Month 2018 logo to make your own posters and display materials.
- Have your employer, school or local lawmakers issue an official Social Work Month Proclamation that can displayed or announced at your event.
- You can use events to educate the public about social workers. Create handouts using information from the Facts section of NASW's website.
- Are you looking for a dynamic speaker for your event? 1,000 Experts features social workers who are willing to talk to the press or at events. Search by subject area and location to find a speaker near you.
- Your NASW chapter may have also speakers available or a list of local events in your area that you can join.
- NASW videos can be shown at your event to demonstrate how social workers help various populations: