People become social workers for many reasons: a passion for helping others, a desire to give back to society, or even a calling. Despite this commitment, social work pay can lag behind similar professions, an inequity that groups such as the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) are fighting to end.
For more than 65 years, a vital piece of NASW’s mission has been providing resources that support members’ personal goals. While NASW works hard to advocate for increased social worker compensation, we also offer practical money-saving benefits for our members.
Here are a few ways NASW members can save all year long.
Earn Discounts on Essential Professional Needs
NASW has established a robust set of products and services savings for members. We understand the expenses you have as a social worker, and we’ve negotiated a suite of discounts and premiums that offer value to our members. These benefits can add up to more than $2,000 in savings.
- Discounts on liability insurance, practice management software, and email marketing services
- Free or discounted continuing education to fulfill licensure requirements (and a discount on the CE tracker that keeps all your requirements and deadlines organized)
- A discounted member rate for the NASW Conference
- Free ethics consultations with our Office of Ethics and Professional Review
- Subscription to Social Work Advocates, our award-winning bimonthly magazine
- Free access to NASW’s online Research Library of over 25 social science and health databases
- HIPAA, legal and malpractice resources
- Discounts on software, office supplies, and travel
- Publications at discounted rates
Discounts for Your Personal Life
We also understand the challenge of finding time for yourself. We offer our members discounts that go beyond the office, such as:
- Discounts on auto, home, and disability insurance
- Car rental discounts at most major agencies, like Avis, Hertz, and National
- Hotel discounts
- Reduced rates on vacation packages and cruises
- Discounts at Disney World, Universal Studio, Sea World, and more.
Reduce Student Loan Debt
NASW advocates for student loan debt relief for social workers as part of our mission to improve working conditions, salaries, and benefits for members of the profession.
We also offer Savi, a technology platform that helps borrowers navigate their loan repayment and access student debt forgiveness. With Savi, NASW members can establish a free account to see their best options for loan repayment and determine their eligibility for loan forgiveness. NASW members can opt for a special reduced rate of just $30 per year on Savi’s premium service. Katie Mogul, a member of Savi’s partnership team, reported to NASW earlier this year that they see about $58,000 in debt forgiveness per member eligible for public service loan forgiveness.
Visit NASW Membership to learn more about the value of NASW membership, and join NASW today to take advantage of our member savings.